Rice Krispy Cakes
This recipe is taken from one of my all time favourite cookbooks, ‘The Smitten Kitchen’ by Deb Perelman. The book itself is full of amazing recipes but this one quickly became a family favourite. Why not try it yourself and see why? It really is super easy to make and makes a little bit of difference to the traditional Easter krispies.
115g unsalted butter
¼ teaspoon flaky sea salt
170g rice krispies (or similar)
- In a large pot melt the butter over a low heat. It will melt, then foam, then turn golden and finally start to brown. Stir frequently and be patient!
- As soon as the butter takes on a nutty colour, turn the heat off, sprinkle in the salt and stir in the marshmallows.
- If the marshmallows don’t completely melt you can turn the heat back on very low. Be careful not to overcook the marshmallows or else they will lose their stretchiness.
- Stir in the rice krispies and quickly spread into a buttered 20cm baking pan.
- Smooth the top, let cool, and ENJOY!!